Thursday, May 7, 2009

Belle Isle Aquarium Koi Transfer

This last Saturday, the wife and I went down to the Belle Isle Aquarium for some more volunteer work with the good peeps of FOBIA. This event was the koi transfer from the basement pools to the outside pond, which was cleaned from most traces of fish poop two weeks ago. I was appointed the guy to be in the water to help the little (and in some cases, not so little) fishies to their summer playground. So, with waders on, young Cameron and myself made a pretty good team (see pic below) in the festive fish launch. No fish sticks were served at this outing.

And of course, more cartoons. This first one is another one from the pond clean-up. 
The goofball in question was me, in case you were wondering. And here is one inspired by the fish transfer.
A rare sighting of the arteest with helper Cameron.
There are many more pictures on the Friends Of Belle Isle Aquarium website, so you can check them out here. I can't express enough how good it feels to help out with this kind of thing and am very glad to be a part of it all. I can see the day now when the doors will re-open.

11 comments:

Mike Dutton said...

That is very inspiring Bruce. I've been looking into some volunteer work lately and this just makes me want to get into it even more. Good to see you mingling your art into the effort as well.

Bruce said...

Hey Mike, you posted this just as I was ordering your coloring book (which I neglected to do earlier)!

I had been thinking about volunteering for awhile, too and the timing was perfect when we found out about the aquarium's efforts.

Chris "Chickenwing" Quigley said...

VIVA FISH POOP!!!

You look good in waders, Bruce.

Bruce said...

Of course, it was a no-brainer. I look damn sexy in waders.

fish poop.

Chris "Chickenwing" Quigley said...

Fish poop is the new coke dick.

DINTOONS said...

haha fun outing, and funnier cartoons!! and all for a great cause, thanks bruce! :)

Bruce said...

Chris: Oh, yeah!

Dinesh: Hey man, how ya been? Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you liked the cartoons!

DAD said...

You are very sexy with your rubber boots. It misses you only panty!

Bruce said...

Ha, ha, you bastard!

DAD said...

Pfffff....

Bruce said...

mwahahahaha!