Monday, March 4, 2019

Laurence Fishburne


Laurence Fishburne
6x9 (unframed)
watercolor

Are we inspired by the person/actor or do we just connect with the roles that they play? In the best of both worlds, I would like to say both. I've always liked Laurence Fishburne and the roles that he has given us. In interviews, both in print and on camera, he seems genuine. There is a consistency there. I like his voice, very distinct and I'm drawn to the cadence and sound of it. And as for the roles that he plays in his movies? From Apocalypse Now (he was only 16 when he began filming) to the Matrix, there's an impressive body of work there.

He was Morpheus, for Pete's sake... 

This and many more portraits like this will be on view and for sale next month for my show at the River's Edge Gallery in Wyandotte, MI. More details forthcoming.

No comments: