Thursday, October 29, 2009

Portrait of Diane Kruger

This is one of my recent paintings and it's a portrait of the actress Diane Kruger. The color from the digital pic that I took of it seems to be just a bit off from the original, so maybe I'll post a scan when I do that. I tooled around with color adjustments in photoshop, but all that I managed to do was make her a bright pink and I really don't like to alter things too much from the original unless I have to.

Portrait of Diane Kruger
10x15
acrylic on illustration board

4 comments:

Chris "Chickenwing" Quigley said...

I always like how most of the time, when you do portraits, the subjects themselves seem to have a kind of light within.

Nice work amigo.

Bruce said...

Thanks Q! I like your descriptive critiques, you always catch something that I couldn't put into words and it helps me on what to focus on future stuff.

Blind Fly Theater said...

Have to agree with you on SD's "light within" description. Don't know just how different this is from the original, but if it's anything close, it's a masterpiece.

Bruce said...

Thanks SM, I think that Sleepdog's compliment was one of the best that I've received, so to have someone echo those thoughts makes me all warm and fuzzy.
Seriously.