Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mid Ohio Con Wrap up

This past weekend I loaded up my stuff and headed down to Columbus for the Mid Ohio Con and had a very good time, I might add. The convention center was a very nice venue and was about half the size of the Motor City Con, but put together better, I think. It was mostly illustrators and like minded creators, with a few actors and just a small area of comic dealers, whereas Detroit's con has a huge area of dealers. Nothing wrong with that, I just thought it was refreshing to see a con with mostly artists.

It was fun to talk with quite a few sketch card collectors and to see their excitement about what they liked about the hobby. Also, it was nice to see the people who collected as a family, which I guess took me by surprise.

So, much thanks to everyone who came by my table, which was nestled right in the middle of fellow illustrators (and travel mates) Bill Pulkovski and Alex Buechel. Much fun was had by all.

This was my set up this time. I couldn't bring my display stands with framed originals because there just wasn't enough room in my jeep. The dude sitting there is fellow sci-fi/comics geek David Ozias who came along to help out and have a grand ole time.

Some illustrator type (Alex Buechel) who thinks he is a certain webslinger.

My friend Jay Miglia, the famed and notorious sax playin' Columbus inhabitant showing that yes, he was here.

Columbus from what little I saw of it seems like a great city and hopefully I'll be able to explore it some more soon!

No comments: