Monday, July 1, 2019

Go Figure! Sketch Night At Rainy Day



This past Saturday was Rainy Day Art Supplies monthly gathering to sketch from a live model. I was eager to get back at it because I missed last month's gathering due to a comic convention. This month's model was one Stacy Buck who did a great job as a pirate. She even brought along her two dogs, which always sits well with me.

The sketch on the left is a blind contour, which means that I didn't look at the paper, nor lift my pen. This practice is good to hone those observation skills.


On the left are sketches of some of the artists taking part.


Sadie the Dog on the right.


Our host Kelly was able to join in on the action, as well as the other dog, Taz.

Among the artist taking part in the festivities was our host Kelly O'Hara Nemzek, Darin Palmer, Jay Fosgitt and Jim Anderson. Check out their art.





No comments: