Monday, June 11, 2012

Jacques Cousteau



As a kid Jacques Cousteau fueled my desire for adventure coupled with my love for animals, especially those of an aquatic nature. Nothing excited me more than the possibility of one day jumping into the water to swim, study and film whales, sharks, octopi and all those other wonderful sea creatures. I thought that maybe that desire had faded over the years, but the more I thought about it the more I knew it hadn't. There were just other interests that piled up among the old ones. So many adventures, so little time...

Recently, I had the opportunity to explore the life of Cousteau a bit more by reading a biography on him. It was great to rekindle that spark that was ignited so long ago and to learn more about the man himself and what made him tick. There really aren't too many souls around anymore with his view on life and the world and that is a sad thing. Hopefully, his son Jean-Michael can carry on and inspire others the way that  his father did for me.

No comments: