Wednesday, October 1, 2008

7th Annual Goreyfest and Auction

This past weekend I was in the fine state of Massachusetts and had the chance to visit the Edward Gorey House over on the Cape in Yarmouth Port. In the midst of spending way too much money on Gorey books and other such trinkets I had mentioned to the gentleman behind the desk that I had done a portrait of Mr. Gorey and he had said that he would be interested in seeing it and mentioned the auction that was to be held the next Saturday. So, once (I should say immediately) I was back home, I sent the image out to them and they seemed to like it as they agreed to my sending something in for the auction, even though it was well past the deadline. Awesome. So, I will have five 8x10 prints of my Gorey portrait available for bidding. How very serendipitous.

The auction will be held in support of the Edward Gorey House this Saturday October 4th from 4:30 to 7:30pm at the Yarmouth Port Community Center right across the street from the Gorey House. In addition to helping out the museum, I believe proceeds will also help out the International Fund For Animal Welfare. So, two very good causes that I am happy to be a part of.


I'm really giddy over this.

2 comments:

Mike Dutton said...

I'm giddy too, Bruce! Glad to see you involved in a cause for one of your heroes. :)

Bruce said...

Yeah, that was a special treat, that's for sure! I'm just hoping that it did some good for them.