Sunday, December 9, 2007

Rice On The Other, volume 1, number 3



I have a one page Muck Man story in the fall edition of a publication called Rice On The Other, which is a collection of comic related material put together by Joel Ball (Guggenmanuever over at ConceptArt.org). Guggen is one of the most creative artists that I've been fortunate enough to associate with on the internet, so check out the link to Rice On The Other (on the right) and you too can admire his hard work, too. I believe that you can also order a copy as long as supplies last. I eagerly await my copy.

Muck Man is a character that I invented a year or so ago and really should explore this guy more often. What would it be like to be a superhero made of muck? Not industrial sludge kind of muck, just a kind of all around...goo. As you can see, he doesn't have it easy.

This is the page as it will appear in the fall issue. So, a big thank you is in order for Joel for letting me play a little in the ROTO sandbox.

9 comments:

DAD said...

Oh... Your drawings make me think of a designer of the seventies...
I do not remember definitely his name.... Vaughn... I do not know any more... I am going to do researches.
I hope that it does not offend you... It is a compliment..... I loved what made this guy. I think that he was German...

DAD said...

I like your work well. Layout, perspectives...
Uninterrupted just like that...
It is good work....

DAD said...

Vaughn Bode ! I found the name!

DAD said...

He's American....

Merisi said...

Oh, that is really beautiful! :-)))
Congratulations.
How come that I have all of a sudden this vision of Muck Man dressed up as Santa, scattering photonic crystals all over? Or would that be sugar plums? Help, I think I got something in my eyes!

Bruce said...

Dad:Je l'aime toujours quand quelqu'un me dit que je les rappelle un autre artiste. Il est intéressant du fait I, d'abord ne voient pas que le raccordement et alors je doivent se rappeler que l'individu en question est l'un de mes favoris. Je peux honnêtement dire que personne ne m'a jamais comparé à lui, remercie ainsi beaucoup ! Vous avez pu l'avoir confondu avec l'Allemand parce que c'est où il a obtenu son début, faisant des dessins animés pour les magazines des hommes, je pensent. Le magicien et le cobalt 60 de Cheech, quels grands caractères, un d'une sorte étaient présagent.

You'll have to tell me if that translated right!

Merisi: You have given me the inspiration to do a Muck man Christmas cartoon!

Aren't photonic crystals magnetic? I don't think that all that goo would be too magnetic, but it would stick in it's own gross way.

Ha, ha, I think that poor Muck Man always has something stuck in his eyes!

DAD said...

It is the small black figure who makes me think of the drawings of mister Bode.
Sure! You are closer to Bode than to Disney!!!!
For money so perhaps! Pfffff ........

Bruce said...

Oui, la manière dont il se tient est infiniment dans son modèle et moi avions pensé à celle après votre commentaire. Et bien, je serais plutôt comme présage que Disney..

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.