Monday, January 14, 2019

Sketch Night At Rainy Day Art Supply


This past Saturday I was at Rainy Day Art Supplies for their Go Figure! live model sketch night. It's usually a good time and this one was packed! It was good to see so many artists there having a good time and sketching for a couple of hours. As always, our host Kelly O'Hara made us behave (somewhat. I think she likes a dose of chaos) and we had another fine model in Megan Morse. 



That night was working well for me (hence, more scans!) The blue colored pencil was flowing well.


This guy... No, just kidding, he was just fine, but with it being so packed with sardine artists he was planted on a pew somewhat in front of me. He seemed cool. Brian, I believe his name was.



Really exaggerated the legs on the left hand sketch. I'd like to say that it was intentional, because I think it came out well, but let's just chalk this one up to being a happy accident.



Very happy with the one on the left. The right hand sketch is a blind contour drawing. I love doing them.



These two are not so blind contour drawings.



I don't draw hands well at all. Happy with this one.

So, as I said, these sketch nights are very fun and worthwhile, for sure. Among the fine Detroit area artists present were Jay Fosgitt, Darin Palmer, Jim Anderson, Jeff Sornig, John Wood, Kevin Minor, John Martin, Anne Garvaglia, Jay Shimko and Terrell Culbert. Check out their art! Hopefully, I'll get to know some of the other regulars, as they are very good artists, as well. And they are patient with the rest of us.





No comments: