Monday, February 17, 2014

Stan Sakai Charity Project



Comic creator Stan Sakai has been going through some tough time as of late. His wife Sharon has medical needs and he recently lost a grandson, so paying medical bills should be the last thing on his mind right now. Many artists have donated a piece of artwork to auction off in hopes of raising money to help out the Sakai family. This here is my contribution. I chose to portray Stan's character, Usagi Yojimbo as a samurai. I think the red mask kind of pulled me in on this one.

If you are an artist who would like to help out, or if you just want to make a donation go here. To check out Stan Sakai's work, go here. Stan will also be at the MSU Comics Forum this weekend in Lansing, MI

I sure hope that my drawing can help out some.

No comments: