Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Gina Lolabrigida

Gina Lolabrigida is one of those people that makes me question just why she is an inspiration for me. On one hand, this could be one of my most shallowest inspirations in that she is a beautiful woman and is that a good enough reason for me to be inspired? Maybe. Because on the other hand, I consider looking at a beautiful woman in almost the same way as I view a beautiful work of art and if that isn't inspiring I don't know what is. I have been known to drool a bit in seeing a wonderful sculpture and have shed a tear at others. They were that remarkable.

Now, I do consider Gina Lolabrigida to be a pretty good actor, or at least the movies that she was in were good ones. I can't say the same for one of her contemporaries, such as Brigitte Bardot. As pretty as she was, she didn't hold a candle to GL. The Movies The Law and A Very Private Affair are good examples of this. Gina's The Law was a very good movie, one that was an interesting character(s) study of life in a particular Italian small town and in Brigitte's Affair, well, not so much. They both did have the talents of one Marcello Mastroianni and one can't go wrong with him in a flick, but even he couldn't save the latter for me.

Anyway, Lolabrigida was a fire cracker, that's for sure and maybe more than just a pretty face and hourglass figure. And for that, she earns a spot in my Hall of Fame.

No comments: