Friday, July 10, 2009

Belle Isle Aquarium Update and the Mid Summers Expo

I have some changes to report about the Night At The Aquarium event scheduled for the 25th of this month. The Friends Of Belle Isle Aquarium have lowered the price to $60 per person and $100 per couple. Also, Port Huron artist Gregory Lashbrook will be painting live under water in one of the tanks, so that should be quite entertaining. And to add to the evening's shenanigan's, I will be on hand doing aquarium related cartoons. Yikes.

Red Sonja
10x15
acrylic on board

And on the convention front, I will be one of the many guests at the Mid Summers Expo tomorrow, July 11th in downtown Detroit at the Detroit Civiv Center. I know practically nothing about this show, so you may know more than me. It's a sci-fi, horror, comics type show not unlike the Motor City Comic Con, but on a smaller scale. One of the guests will be Tom Sullivan, who was the special effects guy and designer of things scary for the Evil Dead movies. I met Tom at the MCCC back in May and he is a really cool guy and has some interesting stories.

So, if any of you two people who frequent this blog are in the area, stop on by and say hello. I'll have the usual: magnets, book markers, prints, cartoon books and original artwork.

No comments: