Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Motor City Art Expo, Part Two

Last week's Motor City Art Expo at the Emerald Theatre was the best yet out of my three years there. Not only did I get to see some peeps that I only see at this event, but I sold two paintings , a few prints, some magnets and bookmarks. It felt good to pound back a few whiskey sours and talk art with patrons, friends, family and my fellow artists.
One of my wife's co-worker's David Ozias with my painting Icarus 1915, in which he purchased.
Young art patron David with another purchased painting, WTF?
Friend and Author/Ghost Hunter, Wolf Little Bear
And my little corner at the Emerald Theatre.

Some of the other artists that were there promoting their own stuff included illustrator Matt Busch who besides his usual great Star Wars illos, was promoting his new movie, Illustration Nation, which documents his travels around the world in support of his artwork. I'm told I have a split second cameo (more on this later). Author Wolf Little Bear was there promoting his books and his ghost hunting investigations and Alex Buechel who is also a very good illustrator. So, check them out when you get the chance.

Once again, thanks to all the people who came out and stopped by my table, even if it was just to say hello. It was a fun night.

No comments: