Friday, November 15, 2019

Call & Response 3: Opening Reception, Part Two

Last night was the opening reception for the Call & Response 3: Artists and Poets in Dialogue show at the Grosse Pointe Congregational Church in Grosse Pointe Farms, MI. It was a good opening night with a very sizeable crowd and a whole lot of very good artwork and poetry. Below are the pics of my two pieces in the show alongside the coinciding poems.



My piece Ghost on the Tracks has been shown before and what was selected by the poet James Macmillen to write a poem about. This piece does have a specific story, so it was interesting to read the poem that James wrote about it. I was rewarded a fine piece, for sure.  

The Ghost On The Track
by James Macmillen

I am the ghost on the track, a track for trains
that sketched the land where the horses were.
And these lines are not my own.

For in a thousand years, when I am desoiled
and displayed by professors in mad suits
before a sea of kids, there will be a show
of hands, wild and eager, when asked

who I was. They will know my face,
know of my sleep, my missing limbs,
these clouded cheeks heavy with stories.

Though fewer hands will rise,
perhaps only the smallest,
when asked of my ladder
and what is was for.


The show runs through January 26, 2020 and you can buy a book with all of the works represented. 



No comments: