Thursday, September 18, 2014

Kiss Detroit City Gallery Show




This Saturday is the opening reception for the KISS themed gallery show at the Start Gallery in Detroit. I will have two pieces in this show and will update on that on Saturday. If you know me, I'm not a fan of the band KISS. I was when I was 11, but that was more due to the makeup and costumes than anything music related. Then I discovered bands like Led Zeppelin and Queen and all that. KISS went bye-bye. So, here is a little teaser for the show. This is a drawing that I did when I was 11 on the inside of a school folder, which has survived three flooded basements and multiple moves. I still have that folder and it contains a bunch of my 'drawings' from that time. SO, on the left is my interpretation of the band and on the right, some scribbled warrior, with text from a school chum Jay Miglia and even a Charlie's Angels sticker. Life was good.

The show will run through October 13th, so come on down and check out what looks to be a fun show with some of Detroit's finest artists and illustrators, including Tony Miello, Kelly Ohara, Jeff Sornig, Anne Garavaglia among others.

No comments: