Friday, March 12, 2010

Red Arch

Here is a landscape that I did back in the fall. This was one of those paintings that started out all wrong and just couldn't get it to where it needed going. But, I stuck with it and I think it came out alright in the end. I don't use this technique all that often, so when I do, it's a struggle to get out of the starting gates. It was tricky for me to get the atmospheric perspective right and the kind of colors that are needed when doing something like this, but I really like how the arch itself came out with its reds and browns.

Red Arch
15x20
acrylic on illustration board

2 comments:

DAD said...

For me, mountain distant are coloured in a too 'scholastic ' way...
I' is too definite.... Colours are not good colours....
I' is necessary to put more nuances....

Bruce said...

You hit on exactly why I'm not too thrilled with this one; the background. The purple in the mountains did not come out very well and that part I'm disgruntled with. I wouldn't even go as far as saying 'scholastic' at all, ha, ha!