Monday, April 15, 2013

Vic Torrious, Page One

As some of you may know, a couple of years ago I did a guest panel for a story in my cartoonist friend Denver Brubaker's web comic, Tales Of A Checkered Man. In that story arc, a flashback scene involving a side character, Vic Torrious, showed him in battle with the dark demon M'htrew. At the end of last year, Denver asked me if I could contribute a six page story that involved the same characters for his printed volume. I've been trying to flex my black and white/inking abilities some, so heck yeah, I was on board. The guest panel had a silver age/John Buscema kind of feel to it and although I had that in mind for this project, I think it took on more of the cartoon look that I am currently doing. I think it's effective and I sure hope that Denver and his fans think so too!

This six page story arc will be in the printed edition of the web comic and will make its debut in Chicago at C2E2 on April 26-28. The book is called Tales Of A Checkered Man, Vol.1, so pick up a copy. It's a great comic with some cool characters and has many wonderful and in-depth tales. Check it out!

I will be showing the panels that I did leading up to and beyond the show as a teaser. The finished art, complete with Denver's narration and grey tones can be seen in the book. Denver took my crappy art and made it all look palatable, ha, ha! It looks sweet, it really does, so again, check it out!

I will also have another C2E2 related project to announce soon, as well. Even though I won't be there, I seem to have a couple of projects that are debuting there at the end of the month.

As usual, click on the image to engorge.

No comments: